background

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Green Goddess Grilled Cheese - A Pinterest Recipe

I wanted to share with you guys an amazing recipe I tried last night.  It's a creative turn on a typical, boring grilled cheese & a lot better for you!  Scott & I normally don't eat meat (especially red meat) but we will have our occasional chicken & ground turkey.  But my goal this last week was to make a dinner every night with no meat, all veggies.  And I succeeded and made some awesome dinners, including this one.  The green goddess grilled cheese.  I have seen this recipe a lot on Pinterest so I decided to try it.  I found the recipe here.

Let's first look at the mess I made...Yes, I am a messy cook.

 
These are the ingredients that you will need: *This is to make one sandwich*

- 2 slices of bread (preferably a multi grain bread)
- Pesto (the link I attached has a recipe to make your own pesto. I bought mine)
- 2 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Baby spinach
- Slices of avocado

Pour a little olive oil in the skillet.  Spread the pesto on each slice of bread.  Place one piece of mozzarella cheese on the bread, then add the avocado on top.  Put some goat cheese on next, then add some spinach and top it off with another slice of mozzarella cheese.  Then place the other piece of bread on top and press down.  Put the sandwich on the skillet and let it brown, then flip it over and press down and let that side brown.  Take it off and cut in half (if you so choose) :)




YUM!  Look at all that green goodness.  I didn't know if I would like the goat cheese, but it gives it a creamy taste.  So delicious!  We ate it with some sweet potato fries!


So make this!  It was really easy and it was a crowd pleaser in my house.  We will make this again, for sure!

Oh. P.S.-The bathroom has been painted and now we are putting everything back.  I am hoping to get the photos all taken tomorrow and get it up here so ya'll can see :)

~Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment